Monday, July 7

 
 
Beyond  Wild Horizons
I like to think of my art as one continuing mural depicting a never ending story of wildlife scenarios. I feel more connected to my paintings when I am actually portraying  a wild habitat and chosen subject matter. I get a lot of inspiration from my local rugged wilderness, which for me is very fortunate for my research into various forms of wildlife. Using an earthly colour pallet allows me to visualize a unique perspective similar to that of animals which see colour in restricted vision. It is this methodology which draws an audience into the depth of my work creating that instant 'eye contact'. To be able to paint wildlife is challenging and does require a personal discipline. I use ancient traditional techniques which over many years I have nurtured into my own unique style of painting. My methodology involves painting with natural found objects and other materials, such as mixing red soil with paint applying with bark strips directly onto the canvas. NO BRUSHES are used in creating my artworks. Observing wildlife and fauna in their natural habitat, allows my compositions to flourish with precision realism.     
Gary Woodfield
Exhibition opening to be held on Sunday 13th July at 2pm at the Pat Augustine Cultural Centre 
Art Gallery - Mt Perry


1. Winter bound Acrylics     $700
2.The tree king Acrylics  (Framed) $1,000
3.Bush gangsters Acrylics     $800 
4.Caught napping Acrylics  $700 
5.Day walker Acrylics  $700
6.The squatter Acrylics  $750 
 7.Angry guard Acrylics  $700 
8. Young rebels Acrylics  $600
9.Pesky intruder Acrylics  $600 
10.The inspectors Acrylics  $ 650
11.  Patience Acrylics  $650 
12.Mutual allies Acrylics  $450 
13.Lucky escape Acrylics  $800
14.Hide quietly Acrylics  $550
15. Heavy burden Acrylics  $700 
16.Little rifleman Acrylics  $700
17.After the storm Acrylics  $600
18.Don’t get angry Acrylics  $600
19.Danger lurking Acrylics  $600
20.  No where to run Acrylics  $550
Opening Hours: Tuesday and Friday – 9am to 12pm Wednesday & Thursday – 1pm to 4pm All other times please phone 4156 3321 or 0407 699 894 Bus groups welcome. Artworks for sale.

No comments: